Institute for Supply Management – Lehigh Valley (“ISM – Lehigh Valley”) recognizes that users may have concerns about privacy issues as they navigate the Internet. ISM – Lehigh Valley is committed to providing users with a safe, secure environment in which to secure information. ISM – Lehigh Valley will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the information you provide remains private, and is used only for the purposes stated below on this website (“ismlv.org”).
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- Any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
We collect information about the users of our website. This information helps us determine which parts of the website visitors find most valuable as well as how we can continually improve the services we provide. User identities remain anonymous unless the User provides this information as a part of registration. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our website.
Users may use the ISM – Lehigh Valley website without registering, but registration must occur in order to use any of the personalized services. Our website’s registration form requires specific contact information: name, e-mail address, etc. We use the customer contact information to learn more about our visitors. The contact information is also used to contact users when necessary.
Unique identifiers (such as IDs and passwords) are collected to verify the visitor’s identity and for use as account numbers in our record system.
Additionally, we use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of ISM – Lehigh Valley’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by ISM – Lehigh Valley about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of ISM – Lehigh Valley, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Links to Other Sites
The ISM – Lehigh Valley Website may contain links to third-party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and not as an endorsement by ISM – Lehigh Valley of the contents on such third-party websites. ISM – Lehigh Valley is not responsible for the content of linked third-party websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. Links to third-party websites are performed at your own risk.
ISM – Lehigh Valley does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of communications posted by users or endorse any opinions expressed by users. User acknowledges that any reliance on material posted by other users will be at the User’s risk.
You may disable the cookie function on your browser or erase the contents in your cookies file. To do this, consult the help features in your browser and program manager. However, please bear in mind that doing this prevents the website from recognizing you as a previous user of the website.
ISM – Lehigh Valley encourages visitors to submit feedback. Any feedback that is submitted becomes the property of ISM – Lehigh Valley and we may use this feedback for marketing purposes, or to contact visitors for more information.